There are many such herbs in the world, which are considered very beneficial for the body. Akarkara is also one of those herbs which are considered very good medicine for health. It is enriched with many medicinal and Ayurvedic properties, that is why in Ayurveda its powder is used as medicine. Akarkara is also useful in many problems such as reducing the bad odor of the mouth, gingivitis, toothache, headache, and hiccups.
What is Akarkara?
Akarkara is a year-round herb. Its scientific name is Anacyclus Pyrethrum. Its roots are pungent and slightly fragrant which are known for their medicinal properties. Therefore its root is used more than any other part of the plant in Ayurveda.
Stimulating properties are found in akarkara, that is why it has been called aphrodisiac medicine in Ayurveda. The use of Akarkara along with other medicines with similar properties helps in enhancing semen. Apart from this, it is also useful for curing phlegm and cold.
Benefits of Akarkara
Akarkara works to improve the digestive system. Its roots help digest food by stimulating the secretion of saliva and other digestive juices. In addition, it also provides relief from the gas produced in the stomach.
The powder of Akarkara has an anti-arthritic effect which helps in relieving arthritis. Akarkara reduces the symptoms of arthritis by improving blood pressure. At the same time, its antinociceptive and anti-inflammatory properties help in reducing the pain and inflammation caused by arthritis.
Akarkara has been used worldwide for years to prevent paralysis. It works by activating the tongue and throat muscles by activating the masticatory process. Therefore, it is considered a good tonic for paralysis.
Akarkara powder has antiviral and anti-bacterial effects which help to reduce fever. Therefore, Akarkara can also be used in fever like mild and typhus.
Akarkara has a memory-enhancing behavior. Ethanolic extracts of Akarkara improve memory by increasing the level of cholinesterase in the brain.
Akarkara powder helps reduce hiccups. For this, take half a teaspoon of akarkara powder mixed with honey.
Akarkara helps to relieve problems like toothache, yellowing of teeth, dental carriage, and pyorrhea. Apart from this, using Akarkara powder in herbal toothpaste is also good for the teeth.
For mild vertigo and lethargy-
Taking Akarkara ends troubles such as lethargy and mild vertigo. For this, take honey by mixing it with Akarkara powder.
Akarkara reduces the problem of irregular and delayed periods. Apart from this, it also helps in healing the stalled menstruation. Actually, akarkara acts like an
Some other properties of Akarkara are-
- Akarkara is beneficial in reducing tension and headache problems.
- Chewing the Akarkara flower provides relief in headache caused due to cold.
- Make a decoction (kadha) of the root of Akarkara and rinse the affected part and chew the root directly, it cures toothache and worm in the teeth.
- Take an equal amount of Pippali powder and Akarkara powder and mix some roasted fennel seeds in it. Take half a teaspoon of this mixture after meals in the morning and evening. Many stomach problems are cured by this.
- Grind Akarkara root or flower in vinegar, mix honey and lick it, it helps to overcome the problem of epilepsy. Apart from this, drinking decoction of the root of Akarkara also reduces the velocity of epilepsy.
When to avoid Akarkara?
- Akarkara acts as saliva in the mouth. So, do not consume it at night. Otherwise, saliva can be released from the mouth at bedtime.
- Akarkara works to increase the menstrual flow. Therefore, do not consume it during periods. Otherwise, a problem of excess blood loss may occur.
- Since there is no evidence whether it is safe to consume akarkara during pregnancy. Therefore, it will not be appropriate to consume it at the time of pregnancy.
Where is Akarkara found?
In India, Akarkara is found in the Himalayan regions. Apart from this, it is also cultivated in some other parts. As soon as the first rain starts pouring, its small plants start sprouting.