How is Abhrak Bhasma, a mineral, beneficial for Curing Diseases?
- Ayurveda Book
- 11 Mar, 2021
Asbestos (Abhrak Bhasma in Hindi) is calcined mica ash. It has multiple uses. It is a mineral substance that is black, brown, and white in colour. Asbestos has great importance in Ayurveda. It can cure a variety of illnesses. It is also used for manufacturing purposes.
Black Asbestos (Vajra Bhasma) is the purest form of Abhrak Bhasma. This mica has iron properties. This makes it useful for the treatment of various diseases.
Importance of Asbestos in Ayurveda
Abhrak Bhasma is an ancient medicine in Ayurveda. It cures various diseases. Asbestos can be used alone as well as with other ingredients. It is beneficial especially in phlegm disease, stomach disease, and skin disorders.
Asbestos also helps in diabetes, leprosy, tuberculosis (TB), liver problem, heart disease, premature ejaculation, impotency, etc. Consuming Asbestos also helps in fulfilling the deficiency of iron in the body.
The Properties of Abhrak Bhasma as per Ayurveda are:
Image credits: Ayurtimes
Benefits of Abhrak Bhasma
- Consumption of Asbestos makes the body strong, powerful and removes tiredness.
- Abhrak Bhasma also cures anaemia. It meets the iron deficiency in the body.
- It also cures liver and phlegm diseases.
- Asbestos repairs cells and also helps in cell rejuvenation. It works to repair the tissues of the body. It also provides the required nutrition to every cell.
- Abhrak Bhasma also provides relief in skin diseases such as Leprosy.
- It maintains diabetes and blood pressure.
- Asbestos is a beneficial medicine for problems related to urine and stones.
- It also prevents diseases like Tuberculosis and haemorrhoids.
- Asbestos helps in increasing sperm count (semen).
- Abhrak Bhasma also cures regular diseases like chronic cough and asthma. It also reduces stomach problems as well.
- It also helps to increase eyesight.
- Asbestos provides nutrition to ovaries. It also strengthens the uterus in women.
- Abhrak Bhasma is an excellent remedy for heartburn, acid reflux, burning sensation in the abdomen. It corrects the production of acid in the stomach. It heals the ulcer and kills the Helicobacter pylori bacteria.
- Asbestos reduces irritability, depression, sleep disorders, and stress.
- It relieves the problem of migraine and dizziness.
- Asbestos improves the immune system. It also provides relief in respiratory diseases.
- Asbestos also helps in the correction of abnormal growth of the heart.
Disadvantages of Asbestos Consumption-
- Excessive consumption of Asbestos can cause an irregular heartbeat.
- Overuse of Asbestos can also prove dangerous to the body. Therefore, it is necessary to consult an Ayurvedic or general practitioner before using it.
Asbestos in India?
Asbestos is found in several regions of India. Regions of Chittor and Bhilwara in Rajasthan, Giridh of Jharkhand has asbestos mines. Regions of Bengal, Bihar, etc. also has asbestos.
Vajrabhak i.e., black mica is found in Bhutan, Himalaya, Himachal, etc.