Infections are common these days among which cold and flu are common illnesses. These are often accompanied with sore throat which causes irritation/ itching in the throat which might seem to be a mere infection but if not given due importance it can prove to be life-threatening. It causes discomfort as eating food or even swallowing something becomes a problem. We will look at the home remedies to get rid of a terrible sore throat in another section.
In the upcoming sections of this blog, we are going to focus on the various causes, symptoms, diagnosis, and remedies for curing sore throat.
What Causes a Sore Throat?
- Moisture less air directly hits our throat as dry air suck the air from throat and mouth which results in dryness and itchiness in the throat.
- The irritants in the polluted air and smoke causes irritation in the throat which increases and becomes serious.
- Screaming at the top of your voice also makes your throat worse as it affects your voice box.
- Certain allergies also results in a bad sore throat.
- Tonsils can also cause a sore throat.
- A dry, painful, itchy throat especially when swallowing
- Redness in the back of the mouth
- bad breath or a mild cough
- swollen neck glands
Following are some of the dangerous signs which should not be taken lightly and you should see a doctor if any of these are noticed by you:-
- If you face trouble in breathing or swallowing.
- A lump in the back of the throat.
- Excessive drooling (especially among young children) or extreme tiredness.
- Blood in saliva or phlegm.
- Severe and recurring throat pain or pain in your ears.
- Headache and fever, especially if it’s over 100.4°F
- Stomach ache, nausea/vomiting (In Children).
- Difficulty in sleeping.
- Rashes on the body.
- Flu-like symptoms, such as body aches and cough.
Home Remedies for Curing Sore Throat
Following are the home remedies to get rid of a terrible sore throat-
A bowl of lukewarm Soup made of tomato, or vegetables can soothe your throat and easily go down in the throat.
Vedobi Cura is a complete remedy which takes away your cold, cough, and sore throat and effectively increases your immunity.
Salt water gargle is one of the panacea treatments for a bad throat. You need to mix one teaspoon of table salt with 250 ml of warm water. Gargle with the water for at least 15 to 30 seconds.
Tea mixed with a spoonful of honey for sore throat is one of the best home remedies for dry throat as it helps in easing your throat discomfort. This is best tea for sore throat and cough.
You can also use Vedobi Tulsi Drops which is a complete herbal formula. It is the best medicine for sore throat and cough.
Create a gargle solution with Licorice root mixed with water. It is one of the oldest remedies to soothe throats and reduce coughing.
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best medicines for sore throat and cough as it contains acetic acids which contains antimicrobials which could kill infection causing bacteria & pathogens.
Using Vedobi Kadha is also a great solution to get rid of a terrible sore throat.
Cayenne peppers contain antioxidant and could be a natural pain reliever because it coats and soothes your throat.
Oil of nutmeg, bergamot, and cypress contain camphene which has a cooling, soothing and refreshing effect and relieve sore throat.