Muscle Weakness- Causes, Symptoms and Treatment methods
Muscle weakness is a common problem, which means the inability of muscles to work properly. This problem is mostly seen in people who are weaker that is, people who lack physical strength. Apart from this, it can also occur in people who work more. Symptoms like restlessness, muscle cramps and pain, etc., are seen in the body of the person suffering from this problem.
Causes of Muscle Weakness
There are many reasons behind muscle weakness or pain. The main reasons for which are the following-
One of the biggest causes of muscle weakness is ageing because, with age, the muscles of the body start weakening. All of us does not realize it but after 40 to 50 years, we start feeling weakness. As a result, the muscles become more fragile. During the above age, this problem is more in all people and sometimes it is also due to being inactive. Therefore, at this age, a person should be more active.
Side-effects of certain medicines-
When we are sick, doctors give us some medicines that help us to recover but these medicines also have some side effects due to which the chances of getting many serious diseases like muscle weakness increases.
Weakening of immunity-
The main reason for muscle weakness is a weak immune system. Therefore, people should exercise regularly so that their immunity remains strong.
Lack of vitamins and minerals in the body-
The body needs all kinds of nutritious substances because these substances make the body healthy. It also contains vitamins and minerals. Its main function is to strengthen the muscles but if a person does not consume elements containing vitamins and minerals, then he may have to face many diseases including muscle weakness.
Due to stroke-
If someone has ever had a stroke, it weakens the muscles. Sometimes a stroke (paralysis) affects the muscles on one side of the person's body due to which the person has problems like dizziness, difficulty in walking, blurred vision, headache etc.
Other risk factors for Muscle Weakness
- Lack of blood in the body.
- Injuries to muscles during sports.
- Excessive body strain.
- Wrong or unhealthy diet.
- In polio and rheumatic fever.
- Diabetes and thyroid.
- Cancer treatment therapy and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Mental illnesses such as dementia, depression etc.
Symptoms of Muscle Weakness
- Feeling of lack of energy in the muscles.
- Feeling difficulty in walking.
- Facing difficulties while breathing.
- Difficulty in lifting the head after lying down.
- If moving a limb becomes difficult.
- Difficulty in daily activities such as combing, climbing stairs, and speaking.
- Feeling tired.
- Body shivering.
- Feeling sleepy.
- Having trouble seeing.
- Muscle cramps.
- Feeling difficult to eat, drink or swallow.
Prevention methods for Muscle Weakness
Patients suffering from muscle weakness have to face many problems but it can be prevented with some precautions such as-
- People involved in excessive physical activities should relax their muscles.
- Eat nutritious food rich in iron, calcium, protein etc.
- Drink a sufficient amount of water.
- Exercise regularly to remain healthy.
- Keep stretching your muscles well. It helps in blood circulation.
- Everyone should control their weight so that they do not get any kind of disease.
- Get your health checked regularly which shows that we are completely healthy.
- If the muscles of any part of the body are weak, then physiotherapy must be done.
Home remedies for Muscle Weakness
Oil massage is considered an effective remedy for muscle weakness. For this, heat an equal quantity of coconut and mustard oil and mix it. Now massage this mixture on the affected areas with light hands. By doing this, the muscles get stronger. It also reduces the pain and swelling of the affected area.
Consumption of foods rich in vitamins-
Vitamins play an important role in the treatment and prevention of muscle weakness. According to research, vitamin D increases the absorption of calcium in the intestines. At the same time, vitamin C strengthens the muscles. Therefore, we must consume foods rich in vitamins like cheese, citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables etc. in our diet.
Drinking milk is helpful-
Many types of vitamins and minerals are found in milk which is very important for muscle health. Therefore, drinking milk daily helps in weakness in the muscles. Apart from this, milk is rich in calcium which strengthens weak muscles. Along with this, the body also remains hydrated with its consumption.
Amla is beneficial-
Amla is rich in calcium, iron, protein and vitamin B. All these elements are very important for weak muscles. Apart from this, natural analgesic properties are found in amla, which reduces the pain caused due to weak muscles.
Eating banana is beneficial-
Banana helps in providing energy to the body. Apart from this, it is a great remedy for muscle weakness. Carbohydrates such as sucrose and glucose are present in bananas. Apart from this, it is also rich in potassium which converts carbohydrates into energy. This energy is very important in curing weakened muscles.
When to go to the doctor?
- On being unconscious.
- Severe muscle weakness.
- Difficulty in walking or moving the limbs.
- Feeling restless, confused and difficulty understanding something.
- Trouble in breathing.