Acupuncture Therapy is a method of treatment during which thin needles are pierced at certain points in the body naturally. According to experts, patients get relief from pain through this therapy. Along with this, this therapy can cure many other problems too.
Acupuncture therapy is an ancient method of Chinese treatment. The flow of energy flowing through it in the body is known as Ki (Qi) and Chi (Chi).
Acupuncture points are considered a way to stimulate the muscles. It also provides relaxation to the nerves, and related tissues of the body. This type of stimulation causes the release of natural pain relievers in the body. It also helps in improving blood circulation in the body.
Acupuncture is an age-old medical practice
According to belief, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) method acupuncture has been in use for 6000 years BC. Nowadays this medical method is also used under Alternative Medicine treatment.
What is Acupuncture?
There are many acupuncture points in different parts of our body. But there are mainly three such points, which are used more during treatment. These are-
- Large intestine 4
These points are found in the soft part of the palms between the thumb and forefingers.
- Liver 3
This point is positioned above the paws of the feet, between the thumb and the finger near it.
- Spleen 6
The location of this point is slightly above the heel in the inner parts of the foot.
How does Acupuncture work?
In this therapy thin needles are pierced in the body. This helps in balancing hormones. It also improves the functioning of the immune system. Treatment with acupuncture relieves pain in the body.
Through this therapy, needles are pierced in particular parts and points of the body. Acupuncture corrects the imbalance of energy in the body. This process of needling does not cause pain like an injection.
Benefits of Acupuncture
Acupuncture works to restore the flow of ‘Qi’(energy) in the body. The treatment has a restorative effect. It also calms the physical and mental body. This increases a sense of well- being. This ultimately helps the body in curing health related problems. These are as follows-
- Acupuncture cures the problem of infertility in men.
- Acupuncture and acupressure can also reduce obesity.
- There are many diseases, which are not cured by any medical method. Acupuncture can cure those diseases too.
- The therapy helps in diagnosing the disease. It also cures the problem.
- It is a painless and inexpensive mode of treatment.
- This therapy can also be used with other treatment methods.
- It is a simple, easy, and natural therapy.
- Acupuncture provides quick benefits. It can also treat almost every type of disease.
- Increases physical as well as mental resistance.
- By using it, all the organs of the body work smoothly.
Side effects of Acupuncture
- After treatment with this therapy, there may be mild pain or bleeding.
- Piercing of needle may also lead to infection.
- Piercing of needle in the wrong place can also lead to damage.
- If the bleeding problem is already there, then it can prove to be dangerous.
- Diarrhoea after treatment is a sign of physical cleansing.
- This leads to rapid changes at the physical as well as mental levels. It reduces feelings such as anger, irritability, sadness.
Limitations and precautions of Acupuncture
- People under 7 years of age and above 70 years of age should not undergo this treatment.
- Acupuncture should be done before an hour of eating. It can also be done 2-3 hours after meals.
- This therapy should be done in a well ventilated, clean, quiet, and conducive environment.
- Always treat the patient at the convenience of sitting or lying down.
- At the time of treatment, both the patient as well as the physician should be in a relaxed state of mind.
- Medical treatment should not be done on fractures, injuries, and operated areas of the body.
- During treatment, thoroughly wash your hands.
- Women should not undergo treatment at the time of menstruation.
- Treatment with needles etc. should be applied for 30 minutes to 1 hour.