Chiropractic is an alternative treatment method. It is used to treat pain in muscles, bones, joints, and associated tissues such as cartilage, tendons, and ligaments. It is a type of treatment that goes into the nervous system of the body and disorders of the bone system, without operating.
In chiropractic therapy, therapists (chiropractor) press the spinal cord with the help of hands to get the bone system in the right shape without any surgery or medication. By which the body itself heals the pain. This pressure is used to remove the discomfort caused by moving the joints due to an accident in the tissue such as an injury due to falling or sitting without backing.
Method of chiropractic treatment
Before performing chiropractic treatment, the chiropractor therapist asks some health-related questions and also performs a chiropractor X-ray, a physical examination focused on the spine.
After this, some chiropractors use the technique of twisting with strength for treatment, while some use a more gentle method in contrast. In this, the spine is slightly stirred. In addition, chiropractor therapists also use methods for treating cold or hot compresses, electric simulations (creating stimulation in cells by light current), spinal cord stretch devices, and ultrasound to heat tissues.
Most of the techniques for treatment are used on a padded and adjustable table. Therapists begin treatment, usually by sitting or sleeping in a fixed position. The chiropractors then try to bend the joints more than normal by using sudden force on the joints in a reasonable range. While doing this, the sound of bones is also heard many times.
Diseases cured by chiropractic treatment
- Bruxism (dental disorder)
- Menstrual cramps
- Joint pain
- herniated disc
- lower back pain
- Stiff neck
Disadvantages of chiropractic treatment
- Some people may experience problems such as headaches, fatigue, or pain.
- Those who have osteoporosis, spinal cord compression or inflammatory arthritis, or those who are taking blood-thinning medications, should not undergo chiropractic treatment.
- Those who have problems with numbness, tingling, and weakness in the hands or feet should also not get this treatment.
- Cancer patients should talk to their doctor before taking this therapy and should use this therapy only with their permission.