Ardha Chakrasana method, benefits and precautions
Ardha Chakrasana is one of the simple asanas mentioned in Yogashastra that is extremely beneficial for the body. It is made up of two Sanskrit words. The first is "ardha,” which, in a literal sense, means half, and the second, "chakra,” which means wheel. In this posture, the shape of the body becomes like half a wheel; therefore, it is known as Ardha Chakrasana or Half Wheel Pose. Along with stretching, this posture also provides flexibility in the waist. Apart from this, Ardha Chakrasana is very effective for diabetes, blood pressure, reducing excess belly fat, etc.
Process of doing Ardha Chakrasana
- First of all, stand straight.
- Now bend the elbows and support the lower part of the waist with both your hands.
- After that, while taking a deep breath, tilt your head backwards. Bend until you feel a stretch in the neck muscles.
- Breathe in and out slowly. Stay in this position for 10 to 20 seconds.
- After that, while supporting your waist, straighten your spine.
- Come to the original position while exhaling and relaxing.
- In this way, one cycle of this yoga is completed.
- Repeat this process at least 6 to 7 times.
Benefits of Ardha Chakrasana
- It helps reduce excess belly fat.
- This yoga exercise is very suitable for the waist. If a person is troubled by back pain, then continuous and regular practice of this yoga helps get rid of back pain.
- It strengthens the back muscles and reduces the extra strain on the back.
- Neck pain is relieved by doing this exercise.
- The sugar present in the blood can be controlled by continuous practice of this asana. It works to activate the pancreas and maintain the right amount of insulin in the blood.
- If you want to keep the spine or spinal cord healthy, then Ardha Chakrasana should be practiced continuously as it makes the spine flexible.
- This asana is very effective for hip pain.
- It prevents the body from bending forward unnaturally.
- The practice of this asana provides relief from problems like slipped discs and sciatica.
- It cures problems like sleeplessness, lethargy, and hypersensitivity.
- This yoga is a kind of boon for those with a sitting job. If you work sitting in the office for long hours, then with regular practice of Ardha Chakrasana, you can avoid many problems related to the waist.
Take these precautions while doing Ardha Chakrasana
- Practice Ardha Chakrasana on an empty stomach at brahmamuhurta or sunrise.
- This asana can be practiced 5 to 6 hours after having a meal.
- While doing this asana, do not move the head back with a jerk.
- Avoid doing this asana in severe back pain.
- In problems like sciatica and slip disc, practice this yoga under the care of a specialist.