What is Katichakrasana Yoga? Know its method, benefits and precautions
Katichakrasana is a yoga asana which is made up of two words. The first is "kati,” which means waist, and the second is "chakra," which means wheel. In this mudra, the waist has to be rotated from left to right or from right to left. While doing this, the waist spins like a wheel. On the basis of these facts, it has been named Katichakra. Along with stretching the waist, this posture also brings flexibility. Apart from this, doing this asana provides many other physical and mental health benefits.
Procedure for doing Katichakrasana Yoga
- To stand with them, stand straight.
- At least there should be one and a half to two feet between the feet.
- Spread both the hands in line with the shoulders.
- After that place your left hand on the right shoulder and wrap the right hand from behind to the left side of the torso.
- While breathing slowly, move the mouth towards the left shoulder.
- Now stand in this position for some time and then repeat the action from the right side in the same way.
- Repeat this process 4-5 times with both hands.
Benefits of Katichakrasana
Effective in reducing belly fat
Belly fat or other body fat is a harmful type of fat that gets stored around your organs. This asana helps in reducing the extra belly fat.
Useful for acidity and constipation
Acidity and constipation are relieved by regular practice of Katichakrasana. Constipation is a problem related to the digestive system that makes it difficult to pass stool. Due to constipation, the stool becomes hard and thick, which results in pain in the stomach and an urge to pass stool.
Beneficial for diabetes
Diabetes is a metabolic disease in which the amount of blood sugar in a person's blood exceeds the required level. This mudra is very beneficial for diabetic patients.
Beneficial in digestion
This asana helps in improving digestion. It is believed that disturbances in the digestive system of a person cause many physical problems, because most diseases originate from the stomach itself.
Helpful in relieving stress
Katichakrasana proves to be effective in reducing anxiety, stress, depression and other mental related problems. According to medical research, stress leads to a deficiency of neurotransmitters like serotonin, noradrenaline, and dopamine in the brain. This asana is helpful to get rid of these problems. Apart from this, doing this increases the self-confidence of the person.
Other benefits of Katichakrasana are
- This asana helps to tone up the waist and increase its flexibility.
- It removes stiffness in the neck and back.
- This asana makes the shoulders strong and broad.
- By doing this asana, the body becomes light.
- This removes the laziness of the body.
Take these precautions while doing Katichakrasana yoga
- Do not bend the knees and feet while rotating the waist.
- Always do this yoga on an empty stomach in the morning.
- Do not jerk the body in any way while doing yoga.
- Do not lift the soles of your feet off the ground while doing this asana.
- Do not do this asana if you have severe back or neck pain.