Posted 23 November, 2022
Process and Benefits of doing Marjari asana
Due to the hectic lifestyle and the adoption of an unhealthy lifestyle, the problem of back and body pain has become very common. It has become so common that it is encountered more in children and young people than in elderly people. The main reasons for this problem are working on the computer for long hours, using the cell phone for a long time, and running etc. Therefore, to get rid of these problems, it is very important to include some kind of yoga in your daily routine. One of these asanas is Marjariasana, which is one of the simplest and most important asanas to be done while sitting. The shoulders and surrounding muscles get stretched by continuous practice of this asana. It provides relief from back pain, body pain, and headaches and makes the body flexible and disease free.
What is Marjari Asana?
Katichakrasana proves to be effective in reducing anxiety, stress, depression and other mental related problems. According to medical research, stress leads to a deficiency of neurotransmitters like serotonin, noradrenaline, and dopamine in the brain. This asana is helpful to get rid of these problems. Apart from this, doing this increases the self-confidence of the person.
Process of doing Marjari Asana
- Lay a yoga mat on the floor or a flat surface and lie on it.
- Now place your palms under your shoulders. Simultaneously raise your hips while putting weight on them.
- Make sure the knee stays directly under the hip bone.
- Now straighten your thighs up and make a 90 degree angle at the knees of your feet.
- In this position, the chest should remain parallel to the floor. Thus, the person comes into the pose of a cat.
- Now take a deep breath and release it slowly.
- Breathe once again and pull the stomach down.
- After this, push your navel up from the bottom and raise your tailbone (the lower part of your spine). Simultaneously press your buttocks.
- Stay in this position for a few seconds.
- Tilt your head down slowly while exhaling.
- Try to touch the chin of your mouth to your chest.
- Now look at the distance between your knees. Note that you do not bend the hand in this posture.
- Take a deep breath once again.
- After this, turn your head backwards and repeat this process.
- Do this exercise about 10-20 times.
Benefits of doing Marjari asana
- This asana stretches the muscles of the back, neck, and shoulders, which reduces the stiffness in the back.
- It helps relieve back pain.
- Marjari asana is beneficial in reducing belly fat as it increases metabolism.
- This asana provides peace of mind by reducing anxiety, tension, and headaches.
- Marjari asana is very beneficial for the spinal cord. Its regular practice makes the spinal cord flexible.
- This asana is very beneficial for asthma patients.
- Its continuous practice provides relief from pain in the hands, wrists, and shoulders.
- Marjari asana is very beneficial for keeping the digestive system healthy as its practice puts a strain on the abdominal muscles, which helps in improving digestion by stimulating the abdominal organs.
Precautions while doing Marjari asana
- In the initial phase, practice Marjari Asana only under the guidance of a yoga expert.
- Putting too much pressure on your body while doing this asana may lead to injuries.
- Do not do Marjari asana more than you can manage.
- Avoid doing this asana in the case of any injury or acute pain in the neck.
- People suffering from back or knee injuries should avoid doing Marjari asana.
- Pregnant women should avoid this asana.