Throat Infection- Causes, Symptoms and Home Remedies
Symptoms of Throat infection
Let us discuss the symptoms caused by these reasons-
Symptoms of throat infection due to virus are-
- Mild or no pain in the throat.
- Mild difficulty in swallowing.
- Persistent dry throat.
- Pain in jaw and neck.
- Sometimes the appearance of a swollen lymph gland of the throat.
- Mild fever
- Biting, stinging in throat for 4-5 days due to virus.
- Common symptoms of cold like runny nose, redness of eyes and nasal congestion due to sinus etc.
- Symptoms of throat infection due to bacteria are
- Throat infections usually caused by bacteria are more serious than those caused by viruses and cannot be ignored. Therefore, it should be treated with antibiotics under the supervision of a physician. Problems like throat infections are caused by bacteria in about one-third of children.
Let's talk about these symptoms
- Feeling of unbearable pain in the throat.
- Extreme difficulty in swallowing.
- The appearance of swollen lymph gland of the throat.
- High fever.
- The appearance of pus in the inner part of the throat or white marks on the tonsils.
- Heaviness in the voice for more than two weeks.
- In general, this type of infection takes a long time to heal.
Causes of Throat Infection
A throat infection can occur due to the following reasons-
- When a bacterium called streptococcus and a virus called rhinovirus enters the body.
- Being allergic to a substance.
- Lack of moisture in the throat.
- Due to smoking
- Tonsil problem.
- By shouting or suppressing voices.
- By breathing in chemical fumes or air pollution.
- Due to whooping cough and diphtheria.
Keep these things in mind if you have a throat infection
- Take a good rest.
- Avoid smoking.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Gargle with warm saltwater.
- Suck on lozenges or hard candy if you have a throat infection.
- Wash hands thoroughly before eating to avoid any kind of infection.
- Wash hands thoroughly after sneezing and coughing or after using the toilet.
- Avoid the consumption of oily and fat-rich food.
- Do not consume ice cream, curd, or ice water at all.
- Avoid going into an infectious and polluted environment.
Home remedies for Throat Infection
- Chew fennel two to three times a day in case of a throat infection.
- Adding ginger to green tea and drinking it 2-3 times a day provides relief in throat disease.
- Drink warm liquids like tea and soup to get relief from sore throat and any kind of throat infection.
- Antibacterial properties are found in ginger which cures swelling and throat pain. Therefore, using ginger in any form is beneficial for throat infections.
- Tulsi has antioxidant properties which work to protect the body from the problems caused by the altering weather. Tulsi also enhances immunity.
- Boiling 4-5 neem leaves in a cup of water and drinking it is very beneficial for the throat.
- It is good to take tea made from black pepper for throat infection because antioxidant properties are found in black pepper, a natural pain reliever. It provides relief in sore throat and pain.
- Nutmeg and bergamot oil contain caffeine. The cooling, soothing and refreshing effect provides relief in throat infection. Therefore, nutmeg or bergamot oil can be used if there is any problem related to the throat.
- Tea mixed with honey is one of the good home remedies for dry throat because it helps in reducing sore throat. Therefore, honey mixed tea proves to be effective when there is a sore throat and cough.
- Apple cider vinegar is one of the best medicines for sore throat and cough because it contains acetic acid which has antimicrobial properties. It fights against bacterial and virus infections.
- Taking a spoonful of turmeric in hot milk prevents infection because turmeric can cure infections.
- Garlic has antibacterial properties which help to cure throat infection. For this, thrust 2 to 3 buds of garlic between your teeth is beneficial.